american presbytery short report FOR
Held at Fellsmere, Florida
· The American Presbytery was called to order at 7:00 pm, with opening prayer, devotions and singing of a Psalm.
· Roll Call of members was taken, a declaration of Quorum was made and guests from Sovereign Grace Church of Des Moines, Iowa were recognized.
· Rev. Rudy Poettcker was elected as Moderator, Elder Jerry Clay was elected as Secretary, and Rev. Asgar Hamid was elected as the preparer of the Short Report.
· We received reports from each of the churches present.
· The minutes of the stated meeting of July 21-23, 2008 were approved.
· Discussed various communications to the CRPC.
· Having heard no response from Rev. Frank Smith regarding the guilty verdicts in two separate cases rendered against him in July 2008, he was deposed from office and his ministerial credentials were removed by unanimous decision.
· Having heard no response from Pastor Gene Osborn regarding the guilty verdict rendered against him in July 2008, he was deposed from office and his ministerial credentials were removed by unanimous decision.
· Agreed on various corrections to the DCO and DCD.
· Agreed to read the “Introductory Principles of CRPC” at the beginning of every meeting.
· Agreed to grant annual certificates of credentials to its ministers.
· Agreed that Pastor Donnan would work at revising CRPC’s website.
· It was determined that the next meeting will be July 13-15, 2009 and the convening church will be Covenant Reformed Presbyterian Church of Janesville, Wisconsin. The host church to be announced in one month.